How do I remove user access for certain clients?
When setting up new employees you can choose between two different scenarios when limiting their client access:
I want to revoke access for certain clients for one of my users but still give them access to any new clients added in the future. To achieve this, you can remove the access on the client level:
- Go to Clients and click on a specific client
- Go to the User Access tab
- Uncheck certain user(s) you want to revoke access
- Click Save
Do this for any clients you do not want them to have access to.
I want to give access to to specific clients for one of my users and prevent them from accessing any new clients added in the future. To achieve this, you can remove the access on the user level:
- Top right, click your name and select Users
- Click the specific user
- Go to their Client Access tab
- From here, check the box next to Limited Access
- You can click "Clear All" to uncheck all the clients in the list
- Then check only the few client(s) you want to give them access to
- Click Save Changes
This will only give them access to the few clients you want them to view and track time against. All other clients including any new clients will not be visible to this user unless changed in their Client Access tab.