When you open a time entry you can make adjustments to the entry as long as it's not on a finalized invoice.
If you open an entry and it shows only a Duplicate and Cancel button that means the entry is on a finalized invoice and can not be edited or deleted.
However, at the top right it will show the status of the entry and Invoice # it's attached to, so you could go to the invoice itself to make the changes you need:
- Go to to Invoicing - Find Invoice
- Type in this invoice number and click Search.
- Click the desired invoice and click the "Unfinalize" button to place the invoice back to a Pre-bill state*
- Scroll down and click the desired entry to make the changes you need and re-save it
- Click Finalize again to re-finalize your invoice
*Please note, if you make any changes to the hours, amounts, or delete the entry, your invoice total will change.
Delete A Time Entry - Ready for Review
If a time entry is not on a finalized invoice, it can be deleted by pressing the delete button, as seen in the below image. In this example, you can see the status of this time entry is "Ready for Review," which means it is not on a finalized invoice.
Delete A Time Entry - Billing Complete
The example below reflects a status of "Billing Complete," which reflects this time entry is on a finalized invoice which removes the delete button from the time entry. To allow for deleting of this time entry, simply follow these steps below:
- Note the Invoice the time entry references, see the blue box in the image below, "Invoice 10043."
- Navigate to the Invoice Tab, and search/open invoice 10043.
- Open the invoice and select "unfinalized" in the upper right-hand corner
- Now, open up the time entry again, and the delete button will be available.