Make sure the system is set to record Internal Time:
- Top right, click your name and select Settings
- Click the Edit Settings button
- Click on the System tab
- Put a check next to "Track Internal (Non-Client) Time"
- Click the Save Changes button
- Log out and log back in
You should see a new button on your Dashboard: Internal Time.
- On the Dashboard or under Time/Expenses, click the Internal Time button. A pop-up window will open. It will look very similar to the New Time Entry window.
- Put in the necessary information. If you do not see the activity listed, you can add it to the list by clicking the pencil and clipboard icon.
- Put in a set time if desired. If you wish to have a timer running, keep the window open.
- Click the Save button.
Please note: because this is meant to be used as a "time clock" function, you are not able to create internal time entries for other users. Each user is only able to track their own Internal Time.
Reporting on Internal Time
After tracking your internal time, you can see reports of your internal time by doing the following:
- Click on Reports from the main menu
- Click on the Internal Time report which will strictly show only Internal entries. You can also view the User, Client or Project Summary reports and check the "Show Internal Time" box before updating.
- Click the Update button.