TIMER INTERVAL SETTINGS
Your Bill4Time account is set to a 6-minute timer interval by default. If you prefer to use a different interval, you can customize this in your system settings.
To change your Timer Interval:
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click on “Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “System” tab.
- Click the blue “Edit Settings” button at the top right of the page.
- Locate your Timer Interval settings on the right side of the page.
- Select a new interval in the drop-down menu, then click “Save”.
* If you do not have access to the Settings, you would need to contact your System Administrator to grant you these permissions.
HOW DOES THIS INTERVAL AFFECT MY TIME ENTRIES?
This setting allows assists you with automatically rounding up your time entries (to the next full increment of your selected interval), in two specific scenarios:
When you've entered a start time and end time in a new time entry:
This entry was technically 3 minutes long, but the timer interval is set to 6 minutes, so it automatically rounds the labor time up to a minimum of 0.1 (6 minutes) instead.
When you are utilizing the live timer feature and convert it to a time entry:
This entry was also ~3 minutes long, but the timer interval is rounding it up to a minimum of 0.1 (6 minutes) and would enter that into the Labor Time field if this timer were converted to a time entry.
OVERRIDING TIME INTERVAL SETTINGS
If you click into the Labor Time field on a time entry, you can manually adjust your labor hours. This will bypass/override your timer interval settings for that particular entry and that field will no longer round up to your specified interval.
TRANSLATING TIME CONVERSIONS
The value listed in the Labor Time window is a fraction-based percentage of an hour. 1/4 of an hour is 15 minutes, so 0.25 = 15 minutes (not 25 minutes).
In the example below, the "0.1" in the Labor Time field translates to "6 minutes" of Labor Time. When viewing the time entry, you can also hover over the Labor Time field and it will give you the precise time you entered in a pop-up.