A time entry can only contain either billable or non-billable time. It cannot include both. You will have to create two separate time entries.
- Go to the desired time entry.
- Edit the labor hours to the billable amount.
- Make sure there's a check next to Billable.
- Click the Save & Duplicate button. Another time entry will appear with the same information you entered.
- Change the labor time to the non-billable amount.
- Remove the check next to Billable.
- Make sure there is no check next to Exclude From Invoice.
- Click the Save & Close button.
These entries will be shown on the invoice and will show the billable amount to be $0.00 or "no charge." With reporting, there is a filter to enable you to see billable entries, non-billable entries, or all entries.