Setting Invoice Batch Filters
When creating a batch there are several filters available. It’s best to start by adjusting the date (if desired).
After filtering by date, there are three dropdown filters to choose from; Payment Due Upon, Account Manager, and Matter Type.
The Payment Due Upon dropdown has three options; Bill regularly (the default and most used), Bill at Project closing, and All Billable. Unless the Projects are being set to Bill when they’re closed, the default should work best.
The Account Manager dropdown you can select a specific Manager to pull up the unbilled entries related to Projects they’re managing.
The Project Type dropdown allows for sorting the unbilled activity by a specific Project Type.
Creating the Batch
To make an invoice batch follow the steps below:
- Click Invoicing in the Navigation bar
- Click the blue Create Invoice button
- Choose your date range (Note that the Start Date is not checked by default because the system knows the last time you invoiced your client so it will automatically pull only the unbilled items from the last invoice you created)
- Select Batch Filters (if applicable)
- Check the client and project check boxes you wish to invoice
- Enter a Batch Description (by default Multiple Invoice Batch will show in this field) and then click the blue Save button
From the batch, click on the Print or Create PDF buttons to print out all the invoices all at once. It is also possible to finalize and unfinalize your batches in bulk, click here for a how-to.
Within the batch, you can click on any listed invoice to view it individually and make edits. When you look at the invoice details, you can move from one invoice to another with the Prev and Next buttons. To go back to the Invoice Batch Details, click Blue Batch ID Number located under the blue buttons.