Autogenerated Invoice Late Fees
In order to setup your Late Fees please follow the instructions below:
Top right, click on your name and select Settings
Click on the Invoice Setup tab
Click the Edit Settings button
Make sure there is a check next to Track Paid/Unpaid Invoice Status
Uncheck "None" and then choose either an Interest Rate or Flat Fee and enter in your amount
Enter in your Grace Period
Choose if you would like to Auto Calculate your Late Fees on past due invoices
Click Save Changes when finished
Initial view in Invoice Setup in Settings prior to updating:
These fee amounts can be changed per Client and Project under the Invoice Presets tab. You will also be able to see the interest billed on each invoice and adjust this per invoice if needed.
Invoice View - After Update:
*In Bill4Time you enter an annualized rate, then interest accrues daily.
** Please Note ** If you decide to remove your Late Fees, keep the "Auto Calculate" checked and change the late fee to "None"
Manual Late Fee Invoices
- Make sure your Late Fee feature is enabled in Settings.
- Click on the desired finalized invoice. (Note: Are your terms set for the invoice? If it’s not set, click the Unfinalize button, set the Terms in the left column, click the Save button, and then click the Finalized button.)
- Click on the Late Fee tab. (If you don’t see the Late Fee tab, make sure the invoice is finalized and marked as “unpaid,” and that late fees are enabled in the Settings.)
- Click on the “Edit Late Fee” button. A pop-up window will open and you will see the defaulted system settings for late fees.
- If you like the default settings, skip to Step 6. If not, change the flat rate to the desired amount.
- Click the Apply Late Fee button. The pop-up window will close.