Follow the instructions below to learn how to apply Late Fees manually on invoices:
- Make sure your Late Fee feature is enabled in the Settings.
- Click on the desired finalized invoice. (Note: Are your terms set for the invoice? If it’s not set, click the Unfinalize button, set the Terms in the left column, click the Save button, and then click the Finalized button.)
- Click on the Late Fee tab. (If you don’t see the Late Fee tab, make sure the invoice is finalized and marked as “unpaid,” and that late fees are enabled in the Settings.)
- Click on the “Edit Late Fee” button. A pop-up window will open and you will see the defaulted system settings for late fees.
- If you like the default settings, skip to Step 6. If not, change the flat rate to the desired amount.
- Click the Apply Late Fee button. The pop-up window will close.