I set the matter (or case) billing method to "Contingency" and frequency at "Bill at Matter Closing." Now I want to invoice. What do I do?
- Go to the matter.
- Click the Add Time button.
- Change the Entry Type to Case Closing Settlement.
- Put in the required information, including the settlement amount.
- Close the case.
- Click the blue Invoicing tab.
- Click the Create Invoice button.
- Make sure the dates are correct.
- Change the Project Billing Frequency filter to Bill at Matter closing. (This filter is off to the left under the Select Clients tab.
- Put a check to the left of the desired matter.
- Click the Save button.
If there were any expenses included in this invoice, it is added to the contingency fee.