If a matter is set with a billing method on "Contingency" and payment due upon "Bill at Matter Closing", you are probably wondering how to bill for this because it is not appearing on the New Invoices screen. The steps below will help you to bill for these cases/matters/projects.
- Go to the matter.
- Click the Add Time button.
- Change the Entry Type to Case Closing Settlement.
- Put in the required information, including the settlement amount.
- Save the Time Entry
- On the Matter, change the Matter Status from "Open" to "Close"
- Click the gray Invoicing tab.
- Click the Create Invoice button.
- Make sure the dates are correct.
- Change the Project Billing Frequency filter to Bill at Matter closing. (This filter is off to the left under the Select Clients tab.
- Put a check to the left of the desired matter.
- Click the Save button.
If there were any expenses included in this invoice, it is added to the contingency fee.