- Click the Invoicing tab from the Navigation bar.
- Choose the desired unfinalized invoice.
- Click on the Invoice Summary tab.
- Put a check mark next to "Use Summary."
- Choose "Separate Labor and Expenses" in the pull down menu.
- Put a check mark next to the one that you want to apply the summary.
- Type in the summary.
- Click the Save button.
Even though you still see the individual items in the "Invoice Line Items" tab, when you click Print or Create PDF, the invoice summary will be displayed.
It would be great to be able to set-up a Summary for each client so that when the invoice is created, the Summary is included. (Instead of currently having to go into each invoice and typing in the Summary each time. This is especially important for the Expenses - the client doe not need to see how much the train ticket/toll/mileage costs each time staff travel to their office - a summary of Travel, Postage would suffice.
Article is closed for comments.