Currently, there is not a way in the system you can lock in rates yourself but you can send this request to Support.
There are three different scenarios where Rate Locks requests fall into. Below are the three different scenarios:
- Time Entry Level (Scenario 1) – This rate lock will be applied towards time entries dated as of the requested date and back so that new time entries entered after locked date will be on the new rate.
- Client Level (Scenario 2) – The rate lock will be applied towards clients who were created as of the requested date so that new clients created after locked date will be on the new rate only. By default, this will apply to projects set to client defaults as well.
- Project Level (Scenario 3) – This rate lock will be applied to currently created projects only as of date requested and back so that any new projects for existing or new clients entered after locked date will be on the new rate only.
If you would like this completed you will need to email Support@bill4time.com with the information below:
1) Your Company ID
2) Which rate lock scenario are you requesting?
3) What user(s) or client(s) will this lock apply to (if all, you can say "all users/clients")?
4) What are the old rates and the new rates?
5) Effective date of the new rate.
*Please note: In order for the rate lock to be completed correctly, you will be need your old rate(s) in the system while the lock is being completed. Once the rate lock is completed, you will be notified of its completion. You can then adjust to your new rate(s).
**Rate lock requests can take up to 7-10 business days for completion.