Within Bill4Time you have an Accounting Isolation option which can be set either at the Settings level to default to all clients or per client.
Client Accounting Isolation: This means that all projects under your client will default to bill on one invoice and the balance due for the client will be all project totals combined.
Project Accounting Isolation: This means that all projects under your client will be completely separate with the balance due for each project only. When you create invoices they will default to be on separate invoices and when applying payments you will choose the client/project the payment belongs to.
To change this for the whole account follow the steps below:
- Click on Settings at the top of the screen
- Click on the System tab
- Click on the Edit Settings button
- Under Accounting Isolation, change it from Client to Project
- Click the Save Changes button
If you would like this changed on a per client level, follow the steps below:
- Click Clients from your gray menu bar
- Choose the desired client
- Click on the Edit button
- Under Accounting Isolation change it from Firm Default to Client or Project depends on what you need
- Click the Save button