If you need to create a one-time Retainer Invoice for your Client please follow the steps below:
- Open a new time entry for your Client/Project.
- In the New Time Entry window, change the Entry Type from Hourly to Flat Fee on the top right.
- Fill out the rest of the entry including the amount you want them to replenish at the bottom in the Flat Fee box
- Go to Invoicing - Create Invoice to Invoice this flat fee entry
- Finalize and send this invoice to the client.
When the retainer is received, you will want to zero out this invoice so it does not continue to add to the balance owed:
- Go to Invoicing and find the invoice you created for the original request
- Click Unfinalize the invoice
- Top left, in the Invoice Discount, put 100% and click Save
- Finalize the invoice again
This allows you to keep the original invoice saved for tracking purposes but will not show as outstanding. Once you've received the retainer, you may now add it as a deposit in the client's Trust Account tab.
If you need to create reoccurring Retainer Invoices for your Client, please click here for the instructions.
Article is closed for comments.