At the moment we do not have a feature in the program that would allow you to send a request to replenish the retainer however, this workaround can be used for the time being.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open a new time entry for your Client/Project
- Top right change the Entry Type from Hourly to Flat Fee
- Fill out the rest of the entry including the amount you want them to replenish at the bottom in the Flat Fee box
- Go to Invoicing - Create Invoice to Invoice this flat fee entry
- Finalize and send this invoice to the client.
When the retainer is received you will want to back out this original request so it does not continue to add to the balance owed:
- Go to Invoicing and find the invoice you created for the original request
- Click Unfinalize the invoice
- Top left, in the Invoice Discount, put 100% and click Save
- Finalize the invoice again
This allows you to keep the original invoice saved for tracking purposes but will not show as outstanding any further.
Once a replenish retainer feature is built into the program we will notify all users.