"Custom Fields" are a unique feature available to accounts with the Enterprise Add-On. With this feature enabled, additional customizable fields can be added to your User page, Client page, Project page, Time Entry, Expense Entry, and Invoice Details page. This allows you to enter additional "Text", "Number", "Date", "List", "Client List", and "User List" data, depending on how you configure these fields.
CREATING CUSTOM FIELDS
To set this up in your account, click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select "Settings" in the drop-down menu. Then, go to your "Custom Fields" tab. (Note: If you do not see the "Settings option", this means you do not have access to this area of the account. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance.)
From here, click the "Add Custom Field" button (in the area/category you'd like to add it) and enter your Field Label. To select the type of data this field will capture, select an option from the drop-down menu and click the "Save" icon to save this field.
For example, if you wanted to add a Date of Birth field to your Clients, write "Date of Birth" or "DOB" into Client Field Label and choose Date as your selection.
If you choose "List" you will be able to click the icon to the right to add your fields or edit them at any point.
Please note: Custom fields at the user level can be edited by the individual user.
CUSTOM FIELDS ICON KEY
For a guide to the icons shown on this screen, see below:
- To move your custom field around in the list.
- Save your custom field.
- Delete your custom field.
- If this icon is blue, this means this is a required field to be filled out. If this icon is grey, this field becomes optional. Clicking on this icon toggles between blue and grey.
- Edit or add items to your list.
REPORTING ON CUSTOM FIELD DATA
Under some circumstances, our developers may agree to add your Custom Field Data onto an existing Bill4Time report through a Custom Report Request.
- These requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved, have a standard completion timeline of 6-8 business weeks before the modified report will be available in your account.
- Please Note that in order to request your Custom Field Data be added to a report, you must first enable our Enterprise Add-On upgrade to your current subscription plan.
For more information - or to submit a custom report request, please contact Custom Support:
Support@Bill4Time.com | (877) 245-5484