Are you starting a new firm? Or perhaps your current partnership is dissolving and you want to move your historical data into a brand new Bill4Time account. No matter what reason you're wanting to clone or transfer your data - our Customer Success team is here to help! Please keep reading to explore your options.
HOW DO I REQUEST AN ACCOUNT CLONE?
To help ensure privacy and data security, all clone requests MUST come from a current system admin. These types of requests also need to be submitted via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include your original company ID in your message, and tell us whether or not you've already started a new account (if so, please include that company ID as well).
IS ANY SPECIAL APPROVAL REQUIRED FOR CLONING AN ACCOUNT?
In order to clone your data, Bill4Time requires written approval from:
- The original account's billing contact
- All current system admins
Once you've emailed us to initiate the clone, our Customer Success team will reach out to these parties on your behalf, to obtain this permission. Your clone request cannot be submitted until all approvals are received.
HOW LONG DOES THE CLONING PROCESS TAKE?
Clones are generally processed in up to 14 business days, after all approval has been received and the request has been accepted by our developers. The agent that you're working with on this request will be sure to keep you updated on the progress of your account clone.
WHAT DATA IS INCLUDED WHEN MY ACCOUNT IS CLONED?
Please note: Clones are an exact replica of the original account's data in full. The developers are not able to customize which client's/project's/user's info is included - this is an "all or nothing" type of request. *
Because of this, you will want to review your account information in full before submitting a clone request. Please be sure to pay close attention the following items:
- Your User List
- Are all users from the original account needed in the new account?
- Will user emails and/or logins need to be updated?
- Will users be active in both accounts going forward?
- Account Information:
- You will need to review your firm information in System Settings and update as necessary.
- Billing Plan:
- Do you intend to stay on the same billing plan for your new account?
- Billing Contact/Billing information:
- Who is the billing contact for the new account?
- Updated payment information will be needed for the account as well.
* If you are looking for only specific information to be pulled into the new account - this would be an import request rather than a clone. You'll need to download a backup of your account, review and edit those sheets to remove any data that doesn't belong to you, then submit an import request.