WHAT DATA CAN BE IMPORTED INTO BILL4TIME?
We recommend backing up every data point from your previous service (for your own archival purposes), but please note that Bill4Time only accepts the following data points for import:
- Time Entries
- Expense Entries
- Starting Balances
Please note: Clients and Matters are covered by the Basic Data Import (which is included on the Legal Pro subscription plan). If you wish to import Contacts, Time/Expense Entries, or Starting Balances - you will need to enable the Enterprise Account Add-on to unlock Advanced Imports. Please click here for more information about this subscription feature.
ARE THERE ANY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS FOR IMPORTS?
In order for our developers to complete an import for you:
- All data in the required columns (highlighted in red) must be filled in.
- Clients, Projects (Matters), and Contacts spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 50 rows.
- Time and Expense entries spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 100 rows.
- Make sure your Clients' address information is separated into their own columns.
- Example: Address 1, 2, 3, City, State, Zip, all to be separated into their own columns.
- Please see the attached Client and Project example import files.*
- Please Note: Bill4Time is unable to import physical invoices or documents. You will need to backup those files manually and keep them on hand for your records.
HOW DO I EXPORT MY DATA FROM TABS3?
- Click on the PracticeMaster program.
- Click the purple file icon in the lower left side of your program.
- Click on Maintenance from the upper grey bar and select “File Maintenance” from the dropdown.
- From File Maintenance you’ll need to follow the below process for any system files you’re wanting to Export:
- Right click on the desired file.
- Select “File Utilities…”
- In the new "File Definition – System Files" window click the Export Data button.
- In the Export Data window, you can choose where the file will be saved by clicking the button with three dots to the right of the file location.
- Once your location is selected - click the OK button.
- Once you get the Export successful popup, click the OK button.
- When you’re back at the "File Definition – System Files" window click the Done button.
- Repeat these steps for any data you wish to Export.
ONCE MY DATA IS READY, HOW DO I INITIATE THE IMPORT PROCESS?
Once you've prepared all of this information, please send an e-mail to our Technical Support Team (Support@Bill4Time.com). In this email, you will need to provide your:
- Company ID
- Completed Import Spreadsheets
- Completed Import Intake Form
After your data is received in the correct format and successfully verified by our team, we will send you the timeline for completion. It is most helpful to include all files you wish to be imported so that this transfer of data can be completed without delays.