WHICH CLIO DATA POINTS CAN BE IMPORTED INTO BILL4TIME?
We recommend backing up every data point from previous software (for your own archival purposes) -however, Bill4Time only accepts the following data points for import:
- Time Entries
- Expense Entries
- Starting Balances
Please note: Clients and Matters are covered by the Basic Data Import (which is included on the Legal Pro subscription plan). If you wish to import Contacts, Time/Expense Entries, or Starting Balances - you will need to enable the Enterprise Account Add-on to unlock Advanced Imports. Please click here for more information about this subscription feature.
ARE THERE ANY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS FOR IMPORTS?
In order for our developers to complete an import for you:
- All data in the required columns must be filled in.
- These columns are highlighted in red on all of our example spreadsheets.
- Clients, Projects (Matters), and Contacts spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 50 rows.
- Time and Expense entries spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 100 rows.
- Make sure your Clients' address information is separated into their own columns.
- Example: Address 1, 2, 3, City, State, Zip, all to be separated into their own columns.
- Please see the attached Client and Project example import files.*
- Please note: Bill4Time is unable to import physical invoices or documents. You would need to back up those files manually and keep them on hand for your records.
HOW DO I EXPORT MY DATA FROM CLIO?
To export your account data from Clio, you will need to visit Clio's export page while signed in to your account. On that page, you will see the following options, with corresponding links for each option:
|Bank Transactions||QuickBooks CSV & IIF|
|Bills||QuickBooks CSV & IIF|
|Calendar||Outlook & iCalendar ical|
|Calendar Entries||Excel ready CSV|
|Communications||Excel ready CSV|
|Contact Notes||Excel ready CSV|
|Contact Related Matters||Excel ready CSV|
|Contacts||Excel ready CSV|
|Contacts (for patch)||Excel ready CSV|
|Documents||See Documents Page|
|Expense Entries||Excel ready CSV|
|Matter Notes||Excel ready CSV|
|Matters||Excel ready CSV|
|Tasks||Excel ready CSV|
|Tasks (ics)||Outlook & iCalendar ical|
|Time Entries||Excel ready CSV|
Simply click on the proper hyperlink (to the right of the data point you wish to export). Most of these options will download directly to your default downloads location. A few of these options (such as the time entry export) require a few more simple clicks in order for the download to begin.
HOW DO I PROCEED WITH THE IMPORT REQUEST ONCE I HAVE MY DATA?
Once you've downloaded your data from Clio, please proceed to the next article:
How does my data from Clio need to be formatted for import?