WHAT DATA CAN BE IMPORTED INTO BILL4TIME?
We recommend backing up every data point from your previous service (for your own archival purposes), but please note that Bill4Time only accepts the following data points for import:
- Time Entries
- Expense Entries
- Starting Balances
Please note: Clients and Matters are covered by the Basic Data Import (which is included on the Legal Pro subscription plan). If you wish to import Contacts, Time/Expense Entries, or Starting Balances - you will need to enable the Enterprise Account Add-on to unlock Advanced Imports. Please click here for more information about this subscription feature.
ARE THERE ANY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS FOR IMPORTS?
In order for our developers to complete an import for you:
- All data in the required columns (highlighted in red) must be filled in.
- Clients, Projects (Matters), and Contacts spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 50 rows.
- Time and Expense entries spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 100 rows.
- Make sure your Clients' address information is separated into their own columns.
- Example: Address 1, 2, 3, City, State, Zip, all to be separated into their own columns.
- Please see the attached Client and Project example import files.*
- Please Note: Bill4Time is unable to import physical invoices or documents. You will need to backup those files manually and keep them on hand for your records.
HOW DO I EXPORT MY DATA FROM TIMESOLV?
- Click on the Account Tab
- Select Import/Export
- Select the Export Tab
- Change the Drop-down to the area of the program you wish to Export
- Once selected, click the Export Button
- Depending on the browser you are using the Export File may appear at the bottom of your browsers or in a download folder in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
ONCE MY DATA IS READY, HOW DO I INITIATE THE IMPORT PROCESS?
Once you've prepared all of this information, please send an e-mail to our Technical Support Team (Support@Bill4Time.com). In this email, you will need to provide your:
- Company ID
- Completed Import Spreadsheets
- Completed Import Intake Form
After your data is received in the correct format and successfully verified by our team, we will send you the timeline for completion. It is most helpful to include all files you wish to be imported so that this transfer of data can be completed without delays.