Please Note: The ability to set or modify billing rates is based on your individual User Permissions. If you don't have the required permissions to access billing rates but feel that you should, please contact your System Admin User for the account and request that they either grant you access, or that they themselves update the billing rates accordingly.
Billing Rates are applied based on their hierarchy, from lowest to highest.
User Std. Rate > Client Rates > Project Rates > Activity Type Rates > Time Entry Rates
So for example, if a User's Std. Hrly. Rate is $100 but the rate at the Project level is $135, the invoice generated will show $135 for that Project's billable time entries.
To Change a User's Default Billing Rate:
Changing a User's Standard Hourly Rate affects all time entries for this User, unless special rates are set-up at a higher level (i.e., client, project, activity type, time entry).
- Top right, click your name and select Users.
- Click on the user's name you wish to update, then click the Edit button.
- Change the Std. Hourly Rate and/or Overtime Rate.
- Click Save when finished.
Note: Rate changes do not apply to time entries which are already included on a Finalized Invoice. If you wish for a recent rate change to affect previously Invoiced time entries, simply unfinalize the Invoice, then refinalize in order for the updated rates to be applied to the billable time entries.
To Change a Client Billing Rate:
Changing a Client billing rate will affect all time entries for this Client & their Projects, unless special rates are set-up at a higher level (i.e., project, activity type, time entry).
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click on the desired Client.
- Click on the Billing Rates sub-tab.
- a.) Select "For All Users" to set a single, special rate for all users billing to this client.
b.) Select "Per User" to set different special rates for each indiv. user billing to this client - then check the box to "Override Hourly Rate" next to each and enter the rates as desired.
- Click Save when finished.
To Change a Project Billing Rate:
Changing a Project's billing rate does not affect any other projects assigned to that client, but will apply to all time entries for that Project unless special rates are set-up at a higher level (i.e., activity type, time entry).
- Click the Projects tab.
- Click on the desired Project.
- Click on the Billing Rates sub-tab .
- a.) Select "For All Users" to set a single, special rate for all users billing to this Project.
b.) Select "Per User" to set different special rates for each User billing to this Project - then check the box to "Override Hourly Rate" next to each and enter rates as desired.
c.) Select "Use Client Defaults" if you wish for this Project to utilize the same billing rates which are in use for it's respective Client. (this will automatically be the default for all Projects under a Client, unless otherwise specified).
- Click "Save" when finished.
To Change the Rate for specific Activity Types:
Setting rates for billable Activity Types will override any Project, Client, or User rates which are currently set at those levels.
- Go to Settings - Custom Lists sub-tab.
- Click Edit on the Billable Activity Types list.
- Check the box next to Rate to enable.
- In the rate box next to each desired activity type enter billing rate.
- Click "Done" when finished.
To Change a Time Entry Rate:
If the Time Entry has already been included on a Finalized Invoice, the billing rate can not be changed. (we do not recommend un-finalizing an invoice to change a billing rate, unless the invoice has not been sent to the client & payment has not yet been applied)
- Click on the desired Time Entry that you wish to change.
- Check the box next to Override Rate and enter the desired amount in that field.
- Click Save & Close.