We are so excited to launch Bill4Time Payments!
Our brand new built-in payments solution makes it simple for you to collect payments from your clients from any device, at any time. Keep reading for more information about how to take advantage of this amazing new functionality.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
You're just five easy steps away from getting started with Bill4Time Payments. Our system will lead you through the process - just follow the instructions below to get started!
Click on your name at the top of the screen.
Click on "Settings" in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Payments & Client Portal" sub-tab.
- Click the blue "Activate for Free" button on the left.
- Fill out the required information, then save.
- You will need a US bank account and a continental US business address in order to apply for/use Bill4Time Payments.
- A valid form of ID is required. (U.S. Driver's License, State ID, U.S. Passport, Military ID, etc.)
- Your business address cannot be a P.O. Box - it must be the physical location of your business.
- Sole Proprietors should enter their SSN in the Tax ID field.
- If you do not have a voided check - a bank letter or statement will suffice. This is required for each account, in order to verify ownership. A bank letter contains all of the following - an official bank letterhead, includes the business name, full routing and account numbers, is signed by a bank representative.
*LawPay Account Holders: Please note that if you have a LawPay account and are moving to Bill4Time Payments - you will no longer qualify for the monthly LawPay fee to be waived moving forward.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING TRUST & EARLY ACCESS
At the time of Early Access - Trust funds are not able to be received into Trust accounts.
This functionality will be launching with the General Access release of Bill4Time Payments in June 2021. At that time, any funds you receive via Retainer Requests will be deposited into the Trust account (or accounts you designate).
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed/submitted your application. At that point, it will be "under review" by our compliance team. If they have any additional questions, you will receive additional emails requesting updated information - if necessary.
The review process takes between 7-10 business days (typically sooner) and once we approve your firm, you'll be notified immediately. From that point, you're on Bill4Time Payments!
Once you've been approved, you will want to review our recommended Client Portal settings outlined here, to ensure your system is configured the best way possible for you and your business.
Are you curious about how Bill4Time payments will look/function, or how to explain this transition to your employees and/or clients? Please see the attached one-page documents we have created for you below - there is one for your firm and one for your end-users as well.