Bill4Time Payments makes collecting payments from your clients easier than ever!
Any time you have a client hand you their credit card or call in with their credit card details, Bill4Time Payments has got you covered.
Note: This feature is only available for Bill4Time Payments users. Click here to activate Bill4Time Payments for your firm.
To collect online payments on behalf of your client, simply follow these steps:
- Open any finalized invoice.
- Click the green “Online Payment” button at the top of the page.
- The client and project should already be populated. Select the Operating Bank Account you are making the online payment to, and enter the dollar amount you would like to charge your client with this transaction or choose the invoice you'd like to pay to auto-fill the Amount.
- Click “Enter Card Details”.
- Enter the first name and last name of the payor. This is the name of the person you are collecting the payment from.
- Enter the client’s credit card details.
- Enter the email addresses that should receive payment status email notifications for both your client and anyone from your firm.
- Click “Submit Payment”.
What happens now?
If the payment was successful, you will be met with a payment confirmation screen presenting payment details. In real time, the payment will be logged in the Bill4Time payments and accounting tables. All credit card payments will take between 2-3 business days to be deposited into the designated bank account.