Inviting your clients to the client portal provides a more secure and robust experience for your end clients. When invited and accepted, they are able to review their account history details - including their past invoices and payment history. In addition, they are also able to save a payment method for future use.
You can invite your clients to the Client Portal two ways:
- Inviting from Payments & Client Portal in Settings
- Via the invoice itself
Inviting from Settings:
If you are a System Admin with Firm Settings access - you can invite them via Settings:
- Click on your name at the top of the screen, the select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Payments & Client Portal sub-tab.
- Click on Invites.
- In the Contact field - select OR enter an email address.
- In the Client field - Select a Client for whom this invite should pertain to.
- Click the blue SEND INVITE button.
Inviting via the Invoice
A really convenient way to invite your clients to the Client Portal is via the Email function within the invoice.
To email invoices and invite recipients to the Client Portal:
- Click on Invoicing via the top navigation bar or click on the desired invoice from the client/project
- Then click on the desired invoice
- Click the blue "Email" button - the window below will open
- Enter the email of the recipient in the "To" field
- Check the box to "Invite recipients to Client Portal" checkbox
- Click Send
You can auto-populate your emails!
If you would like for contact emails to be auto-populated in the "To" field of your invoice(s), you will want to update the "Email" field within the Client in the Client Details tab or the "Email" field within Project/Matter Details tab with the recipient email. The system will allow for more than one email in this field if emails are separated by a semi-colon(;). This will allow you to easily send to multiple recipients.
If you have an Email contained in both the Client level and at the Project/Matter level in the "Email" field, the Project/Matter level will override the Client "Email".
Please note: The "To" field is the only field that allows for recipients to be Invited to the Client Portal with the checkbox at the bottom of the screen. The CC and BCC field email recipients are not invited to the Client Portal.