Create a Single Invoice
- Click Invoicing in the Navigation bar.
- Click the blue Create Invoice button.
- First, choose your date range if needed. The date fields are located at the top right. Please Note: The Start Date is not chosen by default. The system will pull all unbilled activity since inception of your client/project, unless a Start Date is chosen to establish the beginning of the billing cycle.
- Check the boxes to the left of to your clients/projects you would like to invoice.
- Click Save.
- You will now have a Pre-Bill (or Batch screen if you selected more than one client or project). From the Pre-Bill you can edit the entries as needed and make any further adjustments or changes.
- When you are satisfied with the invoice, click the Finalize button.
Once an invoice is Finalized, it is ready for printing, saving, or e-mailing. If you find that you need to make further changes to the invoice, click the Unfinalize button to bring it back to a Pre-Bill status for editing.
Creating an Invoice Batch
- Click Invoicing in the Navigation bar
- Click the blue Create Invoice button
- Choose your date range (Note that the Start Date is not checked by default because the system knows the last time you invoiced your client so it will automatically pull only the unbilled items from the last invoice you created)
- Select Batch Filters (if applicable)
- Check the client and project check boxes you wish to invoice
- Enter a Batch Description (by default Multiple Invoice Batch will show in this field) and then click the blue Save button
From the batch, click on the Print or Create PDF buttons to print out all the invoices all at once. It is also possible to finalize and unfinalize your batches in bulk, click here for a how-to.
Within the batch, you can click on any listed invoice to view it individually and make edits. When you look at the invoice details, you can move from one invoice to another with the Prev and Next buttons. To go back to the Invoice Batch Details, click Blue Batch ID Number located under the blue buttons.
How do I add an invoice to an invoice batch?
At any point you can add or remove multiple clients invoicing from your invoice batch.
First, make sure the client you would like to include in the batch has not already been invoiced. If you have a pre-bill out there for the client go ahead and click into that pre-bill and Delete it (this will not delete the time within) so that the entries go back to unbilled activity and becomes available to invoice again.
To add clients to the batch follow the steps below:
- Click Invoicing from your Navigation bar
- Either click the green plus icon next to your open batch or click on the batch and click Edit
- Put a check left to the client/project that you want to add to the batch
- Click the Save button
Once saved, the new client(s) will be added to the batch or if you've removed anyone, they will not be shown in the batch anymore.