Bill4Time offers several free design options for invoice templates, included on all subscription plans. Please keep reading for visual samples of these free designs and instructions for selecting which one to use on your invoices!
HOW DO I SELECT AN INVOICE DESIGN?
You can access designs from the "Design" tab, located within your Invoice Template Editor. Follow the instructions below to access these settings:
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings" in the drop-down menu. (If you do not see "Settings" in your drop-down you would need to contact your system administrator to make these changes for you, or to grant your permissions to do this yourself.)
- Click on the "Invoice Setup" tab.
- Locate the template that you want to edit (note: your current default template will have a check-mark to the left of it).
- Click on the clipboard shaped "Edit" icon on the right-hand side of the page, in-line with the template you'd like to edit. This opens your Invoice Template Editor.
- Click on the "Design" tab to access these Design templates (it is located between the "Custom" and "Preview" tabs).
- Click on the design you would like to use, to switch to that design.
- You can click on the "Preview" tab to get a general idea of how this design will look or click save at the top right of the screen and go preview this within a live invoice in your system.
WHAT DO THE FREE DESIGNS LOOK LIKE?
We've posted previews of all seven free invoice designs below, along with notes about which special features each design includes.
- Blocks Design
This template separates everything into tables, to help organize your billing data.
- Classic Design
Our classic and most popular invoice template design - it includes Invoice Notes! This is the default template design that every account's invoices start off with.
- Classic Activity
This is an alternative copy of our Classic design, which groups your entries by Activity Code and provides a separate total for each one.
- Classic Spanish
This version is our Classic Design with all of the invoice headers, columns, and totals displayed in Spanish. This design option includes Invoice Notes as well (however, please be aware that Invoice Notes will only be displayed in Spanish if they are entered into the system in Spanish).
This design layout has a more classic, cover letter style layout.
This design features a handy Billing Summary at the top of the invoice. Entry details displayed further down the page.
This is our most basic template design. Spacing and other features are minimal, which helps to conserve paper.