Several data points can be imported into your Bill4Time account, however you will need to review and ensure it is provided in the proper format (.xls, .xlsx, etc.) with all required fields/columns provided.
Please continue reading for more information!
WHAT TYPE OF DATA CAN BE IMPORTED INTO BILL4TIME?
If you have the Bill4Time Enterprise Add-on to your subscription, we can import your:
- Projects (Matters)
- Time/Expense Entries
- Starting Balances
Please note: If you are not an Enterprise client, yet you would like the Enterprise level import, you can activate for one month to obtain this one-time service.
If you are on Bill4Time Legal Pro subscription, we can do a one-time import for your:
- Projects (Matters)
Please note: Bill4Time is unable import your actual invoices from your previous billing software. If your time entries are uploaded as "Billing Complete" status, they act as a placeholder in the system - simply recorded for your reference. If they are uploaded as "Ready for Billing" you would be able to pull them into invoices and essentially recreate your invoicing from previous systems in your Bill4Time account.
ARE THERE ANY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS FOR IMPORTS?
In order for our developers to complete an import for you:
- All data in the required columns (highlighted in red) must be filled in.
- Clients, Projects (Matters), and Contacts spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 50 rows.
- Time and Expense entries spreadsheets must contain a minimum of 100 rows.
- Make sure your Clients' address information is separated into their own columns.
- Example: Address 1, 2, 3, City, State, Zip, all to be separated into their own columns.
- Please see the attached Client and Project example import files.*
HOW DO I INITIATE THE IMPORT PROCESS?
- Prepare your data using the example import spreadsheets below.
- Fill out the attached Import Intake Request form.
- Once you've prepared this information, please send an e-mail to our Technical Support Team (Support@Bill4Time.com). In this email, you'll need to provide your:
- Company ID
- Completed import spreadsheets
- Completed Import Intake Form
After your data is received in the correct format and verified by our team, we will send you the timeline for completion. It is most helpful to include all files you wish to be imported so that this transfer of data can be completed without delays.
It is most helpful to include all files you wish to be imported so that this transfer of data can be completed without delay.
Please note: Most imports typically take between 7-10 business days to process (depending on complexity). Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
EXAMPLES AND INTAKE FORM