WHAT DATA CAN BE EXPORTED FROM QUICKBOOKS INTO BILL4TIME?
We recommend backing up every data point from your previous service, for your own archival purposes. However, due to the hierarchy of Quickbooks data, please note that Bill4Time only accepts the following data point exports from Quickbooks:
- Client List
Please note: Clients and Matters are covered by the Basic Data Import (which is included on the Legal Pro subscription plan). If you wish to import Contacts, Time/Expense Entries, or Starting Balances - you will need to enable the Enterprise Account Add-on to unlock Advanced Imports. Please click here for more information about this subscription feature.
ARE THERE ANY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS FOR IMPORTS?
In order for our developers to complete an import for you:
- All data in the required columns (highlighted in red) must be filled in.
- Clients spreadsheet must contain a minimum of 50 rows.
- Make sure your Clients' address information is separated into their own columns.
- Example: Address 1, 2, 3, City, State, Zip, all to be separated into their own columns.
*See attached example Client List Spreadsheet & Import Intake Form at the bottom of this article.*
- Please Note: Bill4Time is unable to import physical invoices or documents. You will need to backup those files manually and keep them on hand for your records.
HOW DO I EXPORT MY DATA FROM QUICKBOOKS?
Here are instructions for exporting the reports and lists into individual Excel files contained in a zip format in one process.
To export your report or list:
- Select the Settings icon on the toolbar.
- Under Tools, select Export Data.
- On the Reports tab, set the desired date range.
- Add or remove items from the Reports and Lists tabs by toggling the slider.
- Select Export to Excel.
ONCE MY DATA IS READY, HOW DO I INITIATE THE IMPORT PROCESS?
Once you've prepared all of this information, please send an e-mail to our Technical Support Team (Support@Bill4Time.com). In this email, you will need to provide your:
- Bill4Time Company ID
- Completed Import Spreadsheets
- Completed Import Intake Form
After your data is received in the correct format and successfully verified by our team, we will send you the timeline for completion. It is most helpful to include all files you wish to be imported so that this transfer of data can be completed without delays.