Outdated Notes on Invoice
If you find old Notes are still showing on your Invoices even though you have modified them, this is due to the Invoice being created prior to when the new Note changes were saved. To modify, you will need to either delete the invoice(s) and recreate it, or manually adjust the Notes on the Invoice(s).
Simply open each Invoice and press the blue ‘Delete’ button. Once an Invoice has been deleted it releases the Time and Expense Entries so they can billed. This might be the best option if the Note details are intricate.
If the Invoice is Finalized, it will need to be Unfinalized to add to the Notes. If it’s a Pre-Bill or has been Unfinalized, simply follow the instructions below:
- Click the Invoicing tab from the main menu bar
- Click on the Invoice that needs to be adjusted
- Next to ‘Invoice Notes:’ is a large box which will have the original Notes within
- Click in the box and adjust text as desired
- When the Invoice Notes text is how you want it, click the blue ‘Save’ button
The article on how to add Invoice notes for a specific Client or to all Invoices is located HERE.
Address Change Not Appearing on Invoice
Check your Firm Settings first:
- Top right, click on your name and select Settings
- Click on the Invoice Setup tab
- Check to see if the address is correct in the Invoice/Statement Header Text, if not click Edit Settings
- Put in the address and click the Save button
If you still have the same issue, the old address is probably in the Client's own invoice settings. This overrides the system's invoice settings.
- Click Clients in your gray menu bar
- Click on desired client
- Click on the Invoice Presets tab
- Check to see if the address is correct in the Invoice/Statement Header Text, if not click the blue Edit button
- Put a check mark next to Use Firm Default
- Click the Save button
**The invoice will adjust automatically so you will not need to unfinalize or delete your original invoice.
Address Change at Project Level
By default the invoices will show the address, Attn, etc., on the client level but this can be changed per Project. Follow the steps below.
- Go to Projects in your blue menu bar
- Click on the desired Project
- Go to the Invoice Presets tab and click Edit Presets
- Uncheck "Use Client Settings"
- The Attn line can now be filled in
- Check the box next to "Other" to fill in a new address to pull onto the invoice if needed
- Click Save when finished
The invoices for this project will adjust automatically and will not affect any other projects under this client. Do this for any project that is separate from the client settings you already setup in the program.