If you've clicked the "Create Invoice" button but your Client/Project isn't displaying, one of the following scenarios is true:
- An Invoice was already created for the Client/Project
- No time or expense entries have been entered yet
- There are no unbilled time or expense entries and the client only has an outstanding balance
- Bill at Project Closing has been set in the "Payment Due Upon" filter for the Project/Matter
To see if an Invoice has already been created, follow these steps:
- Click on Invoicing from your gray menu bar
- Click Show Filters.
- Change the Type filter to All
- Pull down the Client drop down to choose this client
- This will show you all Invoice created for your Client
If there are no Invoices, then follow the steps below to see if if your Project/Matter has time or expense entries:
- Click the Project/Matter tab in the gray bar
- Select your Client
- From the General tab, check the Work History at the bottom for Time Entries
- Click the Expense tab under the Project/Matter to see if there are any Expenses
If there is nothing listed at the bottom, then you will want to and create your time and/or expense entries, and once finished an invoice can be created.
If the Client has already been invoiced and has an outstanding balance, but no unbilled activity then you would provide a Statement to give to your Client.
Please click here for the steps on creating Statements.
To see if your Project/Matter is set to Bill at Project/Matter Closing please click here.