If your client has billable time and expense entries and the client does not appear when you are trying to create an invoice, this is likely due to the "Payment Due Upon" billing setting in the Project/Matter Details Tab.
If the Project/Matter "Payment Due Upon" drop-down is set to "Bill at Project/Matter Closing", you will have to close the Project/Matter to invoice that client.
If this drop-down is set to bill regularly, it could be that you already have time or expenses contained in a Pre-Bill for this client. For more information on pre-bills click here.
If you're done with the Project/Matter and can close it, then follow these steps:
- Go to Project/Matter from the navigation bar
- Click into the Project/Matter you desire
- Change the Project/Matter Status at the top right from Open to Closed
If you're not done entering Time/Expense entries or Invoicing the Project/Matter, we recommend changing the Billing Method on this Matter. Please see below:
- Go to Project/Matter in your gray menu bar
- Click into the desired Matter
- Click Edit
- Change the Billing Method from "Bill at Project/Matter Closing" to "Bill Regularly"
- Click Save.
Once you've changed the Billing Method to "Bill Regularly" then you can Invoice the Project/Matter like you normally would. If you need help creating an Invoice, click here.